Whether you are looking to start your own book club or join the library’s Community Book Club, you will find information and resources here.
Book Club Collection
The Squamish Library has a large collection of book club sets for anyone to use. After each Community Book Club program, we also publish a discussion guide (which include questions and themes to guide conversations). You are welcome to use these with your own book clubs.
View our complete list of book club sets here.
Starting Your Own Book Club
Planning your book club
- Edmonton Public Library has a step-by-step guide for how to plan your book club.
- Penguin Random House has a simple five-step process for starting a book club.
- NoveList: database of fiction books and authors, recommended reading lists, and book discussion ideas (sign in with library card).
- Goodreads: database of books, annotations, quotes, reviews, and reading lists.
- Reading Group Guides: online community for book clubs that includes book selections, discussion questions, reading guides, and more.
Preparing for discussion
- Try the publisher’s website or the back of the book first! Often publishers will include their own discussion questions, which can be a great place to start.
- Lit Lovers: a large collection of reading guides and discussion questions.
Joining Our Community Book Club
The Squamish Library Community Book Club meets on the fourth Thursday of every other month! Everyone is welcome to attend. This program is currently taking place online on Zoom and the meeting link will be sent to all registered participants prior to the meeting.
Community Book Club FAQs:
How does a community book club work?
The Community Book Club is a separate program each month, so even if you have never come to a Community Book Club program before, we’d love for you to join. While there will be a facilitator and guiding questions, there is room to discuss any thoughts or ideas about the book. Everyone is welcome to attend!
What if I didn’t like the book?
We love to hear all sort of opinions. You don’t have to like the book to join in an engaging and thoughtful discussion. You don’t even have to finish it (but expect spoilers)!
How do I sign up?
Easy, just email email@example.com and mention that you would like to sign up for the next book club meeting (view event calendar for upcoming meetings). Let us know if you have any questions.
We hope to see you (virtually) at the next book club meeting!